Code of Conduct
Scope and application
Standby AB’s code of conduct has been produced in order to clarify which principles apply for the company’s employees, business partners and other stakeholders. It covers all employees within Standby AB and its Board members. Standby AB shall actively choose business partners that stand for the same values and principles.
- We work in accordance with the laws and regulations in force where we operate. In the event of any conflict between mandatory rules of law and the principles in this code of conduct, the law takes precedence.
- Good business practice and honesty shall be the watchwords in relationships with our business partners.
- We do not accept bribes or other payments that can affect decisions, or extortion of any form, whether as donor/initiator or as recipient.
- We shall conduct our private and other external activities and financial interests in a way that is not in conflict with or appears to be incompatible with Standby AB’s interests. If such a conflict of interests arises, the person involved in the conflict must report this immediately to his/her immediate supervisor.
- We maintain political and religious neutrality.
- We respect applicable competition legislation.
Human rights and a good work environment
- We support and respect internationally acknowledged human rights.
- No forms of slave labour, forced labour or child labour are tolerated.
- We hire and treat our employees in a non-discriminatory way.
- The minimum age for employment is after completion of compulsory education or in accordance with national legislation.
- We shall observe national legislation and collective bargaining about working hours. We shall respect the rights of employees to leisure time and their accessibility outside working hours in order to improve the work/life balance.
- All of our employees have the right to join associations and organisations, as well as the right to organise themselves in trade union associations.
- Our employees must have a safe and healthy work environment.
- We strive continuously to reduce our environmental impact through active choices of raw materials, processes and transport activities.
- We shall contribute to sustainable development in the local community.
- We support the precautionary principle by avoiding materials and methods that represent risks to health and the environment when suitable alternatives are available.
Everyone within Standby AB has a responsibility for communicating and living up to the contents of the code of conduct. We encourage employees to report behaviour that might be incompatible with these principles. Express or implied approval of dubious actions will not be tolerated. This code of conduct has been adopted by the management of Standby AB and may only be amended or cancelled by the management team.
Failure to observe the provisions of the code may result in disciplinary action.
Management team, Standby AB, 26/04/2018