Battery Management System (BMS) provides safety and security for the user that the vehicle is ready to handle the tasks to be performed. The system ensures that there is power in the vehicle and extends the life of the batteries, which also contributes to a better durability and environment.
Today’s vehicles often show voltage levels, but this does not provide the truth about how long consumers can be used. BMS works in a completely different way and measures energy and currents through advanced intelligence. This means that we have control over the actual time to empty battery.
The user easily receives information in the system display about how much energy is left and the time to empty battery. The system also shuts down consumers in steps when the charge level decreases. This together creates a safety and security for the user and means that you do not stand out in the field.
BMS consists of a battery monitor ABMU, CAN Battery Charger and SE05 Control System. All units are connected to Standby CAN Bus, which means that we can control, monitor, monitor charging and consumption in the system.
Today’s vehicles are equipped with a lot of electronic equipment and the demands on the power supply are increasing. Our Battery Management System is designed to meet these requirements.
- Calculates and displays the charge level SOC (state of charge) in real time.
- Calculates and displays time to empty battery TTE (Time To Empty)
- Shuts down consumers in steps when the charge level decreases
- Controls the charging and discharging of the consumer battery
- Temperature measurement consumer battery
- Voltage and current measurement
- Optimizes operating time
- Calculates and displays health status SOH (State Of Health) (future function)
BMS handles a current of 100A and the charger delivers a charging current of max 30A. The system fits all vehicles with lead / acid batteries including AGM and GEL.
A typical installation consists of
- ABMU unit
- SE05 control unit
- Battery charger CAN
- 230 Volt charging socket
- Starter battery and consumer battery
- Wiring and fuses