Carat Control System
Carat – a CAN-Bus based maneuver system for special vehicles
Carat Control System is a robust multi-functional system that integrates user functions into one panel. With a user friendly and ergonomic interface, the driver will have a good oversight and diminish the risks of losing focus on the traffic and simultaneously giving the driver a clean environment where unnecessary extra panels and keypads can be removed. (for integrated functions, see list of functions)
The system consists of T9 Touch Panel (former H2) that includes an integrated CAN-Bus keypad above so that they driver always can locate the primary functions easily while driving.
The system also includes a CAN-Bus connected and developed vehicle computer (CEO 2) that works like a hub for external connected equipment. (for ex. controlling of light, sound, input reverse camera etc.)
The software is Windows-based, and the user interface is adapted after customer needs and requests.
Carat Control System is used today by the police, customs and ambulance in the Nordics and is also adapted for other types of lead vehicles for fire department, military and other special vehicles.
All Carat-products are developed, tested and approved according to ECE-R10; the T9-panel is further developed in order to meet the requirements for crash tests due to the placement in the driver environment. Sustainability- and Environmentally approved according to GMW3127.
Carat Control System is a stable platform and a dynamically expandable system that goes through continues development where new functions and requests are implemented over time. If you wish to know more, contact our sales department.
- Warning light
- Interior lightning
- Tetra communication radio (Sepura, Motorola, Airbus)
- Maps (Here™ maps navigation)
- Sound support (GSM/Intercom/tetra via Pandora)
- Reverse camera (Analog PAL)
- PA – remote/relay
- Dog cage functions
- Door lock
- Climate control – ventilation
- Opening gates/ports
- Case management
- Integration of ANPR
- Integration of speed radar
- Work light
- Voltage monitoring
- Document reading (.pdf)
- Integrated phone functions (Peitel/Pandora)
- Message management
- Connection to cloud service, for ex. Standby Connect (together with OBD-data)
- Traffic light control via Tetra
- CPU Intel Atom E3845 1,9GHz Quad-core
- Memory 4 Gbyte RAM, 124Gbyte SSD HDD
- Operating System – Windows
- Option 4G LTE-modem, W-LAN
- 4x lockable USB (2 x Tetra control)
- 2 x PAL analog camera inputs
- 2 x RS232
- 10-32V Automotive
- 9,1 inch screen
- ECE R10 – EMC
- ECE R21 – Interior safety